July 11, 2018
Loup City, Nebraska
Sherman County Board of Commissioners
The Sherman County Board of Commissioners met in regular session on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 in the Boardroom of the Sherman County Courthouse with the following persons present: Kenneth Kaslon-Chairman, Larry Griffith and Tom Bandur.
Also present was Marcy Sekutera- Sherman County Clerk and Heather Sikyta-Sherman County Attorney. The Chairman called the meeting to order at 9:00a.m. Notice of the meeting was posted and given by publication in the Sherman County Times, given in advance to all members of the Board. At the beginning of the meeting, the Chairman announced and informed the public that a current copy of the Open Meeting Act was posted on the South wall of the Boardroom with copies of the Act also available in the Board room for public viewing.
The Board reviewed the minutes of the June 26, 2018 regular meeting. An agenda was posted in the Clerk’s office and kept continuously current.
Motion by Kaslon and seconded by Bandur to approve the previous minutes as written with proof of publication on file. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
Public Comment- None
· Committee Reports:
Griffith: Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership Inc.
Bandur: Region 26.
Kaslon: Region III
· The Board reviewed the mail received, the monthly reports of the County Clerk, Sheriff’s Office and the Clerk of the District Court, the Treasurer’s Current List of Securities
and Financial Statement for January 1, 2018 to June 30 2018 and the Quarterly Reports of the County Attorney and Sheriff’s Office.
Dawn Skibinski-Sherman County Economic Development Director, monthly updates.
Marcia Kaslon-Sherman County Treasurer, information from State Auditor’s Office.
The Board discussed the implementing of time clocks.
Michael Jepson- Chief Deputy discussed the law enforcement training contract with the Board.
· Closed Session- Motion by Kaslon and seconded by Griffith to go into closed session at 10:15a.m. with Heather Sikyta to prevent harm to the reputation of an individual.
Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried. The Board returned to regular session at 10:50a.m.
· Motion by Kaslon and seconded by Bandur to approve and authorize Chairman and County Attorney to sign EPC Letter of Agreement between Sherman County
and Region 3 Behavioral Health Service for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
· Motion by Kaslon and seconded by Bandur to approve the law enforcement contract with revisions.
Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
General road business was discussed with Roger Hofts- Highway Superintendent.
Jason Obermiller discussed issues with 475 Ave with Mr. Hofts and the Board.
· ADJOURN – Chairman Kaslon adjourned the meeting at 11:55a.m.
The permanent record of these proceedings is available for viewing in the office of the Sherman County Clerk.
Marcy L. Sekutera
Sherman County Clerk