April 8, 2020
Loup City, Nebraska
Sherman County Board of Commissioners
The Sherman County Board of Commissioners met in regular session on Wednesday, April 8, 2020 in the Boardroom of the Sherman County Courthouse with the following persons present: Kenneth Kaslon-Chairman, Larry Griffith and Tom Bandur.
Also present was Marcy Sekutera- Sherman County Clerk and Heather Sikyta-County Attorney. The Chairman called the meeting to order at 9:00a.m. Notice of the meeting was given by advanced publication in the Sherman County Times, given in advance
to all members of the Board. At the beginning of the meeting, the Chairman announced and informed the public that a current copy of the Open Meeting Act was posted on the South wall of the Boardroom with copies of the Act also available in the Board room for public viewing.
The Board reviewed the minutes of the March 24, 2020 regular meeting. An agenda was posted in the Clerk’s office and kept continuously current. Motion by Griffith and seconded by Bandur to approve the previous minutes as written with proof of publication on file. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
Public Comment- None
Bandur: Loup Central Landfill, Region 26
Kaslon: Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare Services Inc., Road Department Safety Committee, Sherman County Prevention Coalition
Griffith: Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership Inc.
The Board reviewed the mail received, the monthly reports of the County Clerk, Sheriff’s Office, Clerk of the District Court, the Treasurer’s Current List of Securities and the Quarterly Reports of the County Attorney and Sheriff’s Office.
Dan Knoell-Sherman County Economic Development Director by telephone conference, monthly report and updates.
Michael Jepsen-Sherman County Sheriff, monthly reports, updates.
Discussion and updates on COVID 19 procedures.
· Motion by Bandur and seconded by Kaslon to go into closed session with Marcia Kaslon-Treasurer, Sherie Kuszak-Assessor, Heather Sikyta-County Attorney and Marcy Sekutera-Clerk at 10:25a.m. for the protection of public interest.
Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried. The Board returned to regular session at 10:40a.m.
· Motion by Griffith and seconded by Bandur to approve and authorize Chairman to sign Resolution No. 08-20, authorizing Chairman to enter into renewed Public Defender Contract. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
· Motion by Kaslon and seconded by Griffith to approve and authorize Chairman to sign corrected renewed Public Defender Contract with Michael S. Borders. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
· Motion by Bandur and seconded by Griffith directing Victor E. Covalt, Attorney to proceed with motion on bankruptcy case. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
· OPENING OF SEALED MOWING BIDS FOR BOWMAN LAKE FOR 2020.
Chairman Kaslon opened the sealed bids submitted for the mowing of Bowman Lake Recreation Area for 2020 at 10:00a.m. and read aloud. After discussion, motion by Bandur and seconded by Griffith to approve
the bid submitted by Rob’s Lawn Care for a one-year period. Vote: Ayes: All. Motion carried.
· ROAD DEPARTMENT
General Road business was discussed with Eric Person – Interim Highway Superintendent.
· ADJOURN – Chairman Kaslon adjourned the meeting at 11:50a.m.
The permanent record of these proceedings is available for viewing in the office of the Sherman County Clerk.
Marcy L. Sekutera
Sherman County Clerk